Changing your current focus from what you don’t want to what you do.
The mind loves focusing on the upset, what’s perceived as broken, flawed, or shows up as a problem.
Here are the steps:
- Allow yourself to spend some time focusing and feeling the negative
- Do an about face and declare something that is the exact opposite of what you were thinking
- Put some action towards it and/or declare it out loud to yourself or another
- Approach it like a game
- Give yourself permission to make stuff up and then make it seem “real”
- Know that your mind messes with you … so you’re free to mess with it!