A fundamental practice that sets the stage for everything else
The mind has a mind of its own! We are “inside our minds” the vast majority of the time. By occasionally becoming the observer, we can step outside the affects of the mind’s creations!
- Wait for your next thought or image
- Say “yep, I hear you. What else you have?
- Repeat step 3 for a bit
- great to do when you first wake up and have your first thoughts, which will most likely be “no” thoughts of doubt, concern, overwhelm, uncertainty, etc
- When a “positive” thought comes up, do the same thing but with a bit of light enthusiasm
- Notice when your state starts to go up!
- Do this whenever it occurs to you and you feel like doing it