Another fundamental approach to creating movement.
I rely heavily on my #1 favorite approach to dealing with the unwelcome – to shift one’s perception when dealing with any challenge .
Life happens. The unexpected is certain. How we deal with it is everything. It is human, natural, and expected that the first reaction you and I will have to anything that is not desired is to be in a state of “No!” and our minds will struggle:
- I can’t believe this is happening!
- Oh no, now what am I going to do?
- This sucks!
- I can’t deal with this!
The key to working through any obstacle, challenge, crisis, or undesirable situation is to change how it appears to your mind – to “reframe” it.
No matter what it is. Big or small. Catastrophic or trivial.
Ask yourself any of the following questions when facing a challenging situation:
- What’s the opportunity here?
- What can I do with this?
- What do I like about this?!
Come up with lots of reframes, even dozens!
This works really well if you approach it (and everything else!) like a game.
- make it up
- use your imagination, creativity, and spirit of play
- realize that it’s all made up … and … real at the same time
- It’s your choice in how you want to interpret the events of your life
- You are the artist of your life, and your life is your canvas … create something beautiful from the “crap” you have in your life!